The Rufus Chronicles

Chronicles the trials and tribulations my cat Rufus and I experience as we fight his GI lymphoma.

Name:

vampire aficianado owned by 3 cats

Monday, January 02, 2006

anxiety and panic

I got a copy of Rufus' medical record on Thursday so I could share it with the homeopathic vet. Reading it over was excruciating and also funny. The comments from the vets at his annual exams were funny:

--his appetite is good (too good)
--he eats r/d but also gets into the other cats' food
--he's eating less than normal, but still as much as a normal cat"
--When he was in the hospital and not supposed to eat before surgery
"Rufus got into something after midnight and threw it up."
(Even locked in a cage my little Foodini can find something to eat.)

It was excruciating to see the progression of his illness. I thought he had started showing symptoms in January, but it was actually last August. That's when he had the ultrasound. His liver levels are really elevated. The normal ranges are somewhere under 100 and he's in the 240s on one and 600s on the other. I'm going to call the vet tomorrow and talk about changing his medications and maybe doing the ultrasound.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home